An Auspicious Day to Be Alive

Posted on 7:52 AM by jr cline | 0 comments

For starters, today is World Gratitude Day.
Brief History:
"West Center in Hawaii during a Thanksgiving Dinner hosted by Sri Chinmoy. Those in attendance, including delegates and high-ranking officials from more than a dozen countries around the world, pledged to celebrate gratitude and to count blessings from their home country every September 21 following. Chinmoy, director of United Nations Meditation Group, celebrated Stateside." ~ The Gratitude List  
Being grateful is good for us. 
"If you want to find happiness, find gratitude." ~ Steve Maraboli
"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." ~ Oprah Winfrey
Earlier today I wrote, "I'm grateful for the adventure that is my life."
Your turn.  What are you grateful for?
Want to share your gratitude list?  Here is the place:   The Gratitude List
 
Today is also  Peace Day
Brief History:
"In 1981, the United Nations General Assembly, by unanimous vote, adopted Resolution 36/67 establishing the International Day of Peace (IDP) which stated in part, “…to devote a specific time to concentrate the efforts of the United Nations and its Member States, as well as the whole of mankind, to promoting the ideals of peace and to giving positive evidence of their commitment to peace in all viable ways.” The first Peace Day was celebrated in September 1982 on the opening day of the General Assembly." ~ International Day of Peace 
Peace Day is part of the Culture of Peace Initiative.   
Today I plan to spend some time meditating on world peace, light a candle for peace, live peacefully with those I encounter, and to create peace where I can.
What can you do to create a more peaceful world today? 

Weather permitting I'm going to Grape Stomp at Morgan Creek Winery.  After that I may go to the Shelby County Fair in Columbiana.


See what else I’m doing.
Follow me on twitter: jr cline
My Instagram profile
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment