Meandering Mind V.1

Posted on 5:19 AM by jr cline | 0 comments

It's 4am Friday morning.  My body is awake, but my mind could use more coffee.
Today is the first day of a four day weekend.  I have two things planned.  I'm going to Theology on Draft tonight.  The discussion topic is transhumanism.  With my interest in technology, this is an exciting concept to me.  I'm neither in favor of it or against it.  I find The Transhumanist Declaration fascinating.  What a lot of people forget is that cyborgs already walk among us, and they look just like normal people.

The Top Ten Transhumanist Technologies Countdown from the Lifeboat Foundation.


Maybe I'll update this blog with some tidbits from tonight's meeting.
 
Saturday is 'go to my sibling's place on the lake for a Memorial Day cookout' day.   It is a beautiful house on a lovely lake.   I try to get down there three of four times a year.
Other than these two things, I don't have any weekend plans.  I'll probably mow grass on Monday.  After all the recent rain, the grass has shot up.  I need to trim the hedges too.
But first I have to take care of today's chores:  grocery shopping,  pay some bills, visit the post office for stamps and mail, a front end alignment, and run by my office and check on the computers.

The summer term started yesterday.  Well, classes don't begin until Tuesday but professors returned to work on Thursday.  Summer term is 10 weeks so this will go by fast. Looks like my classes have sufficient enrollment to make.  I have two classes: Web Page Design and Introduction to Computers.  Those are both fun and easy for me to teach.
When I leave this job at the end of 2013 I'll miss interacting with students.  They keep me on my toes and teach me all kinds of things.

That's all the random mind bleeps I have for today.  Have a wonderful weekend!
   
See what else I’m doing.
Follow me on twitter: jr cline
My instagram profile

        




0 comments:

Post a Comment