5 Things

Posted on 5:27 AM by jr cline | 0 comments

Jump as high as you can.


This morning, I found this idea in an RSS feed.
What five objects are closest to you right now?
Take a mindful moment to appreciate each one for the purpose it serves.
~ The Mindfulist.com  

So here are the five things closest to me right now.

Table and chairs ~ I looked for a long time for a small, glass topped, wicker table with two chairs to put in the sunroom. They had to be reasonably priced of course.  A few years ago, I came across this set at almost a give away price.   I've really enjoyed having this little setup in the sunroom. 

Coffee cup and coffee
Almost every morning of my adult life, one of my great pleasures in life has been a cup of coffee to begin my day.

Laptop
A laptop computer provides so many benifits to me. I can edit and view my photos.  It provides ways to back them up, protecting my work. Online it gives me the opportunity to share my photos with the world.  It has helped me makes new friends and learn about new ideas from people located all over this planet.

Two napkins
I've always been a fan of napkins.  They are cheaper than paper towels and have a myriad of uses.

A book on zen
 Lately, I've been reading "The Zen Book" by Daniel Levin.  Each day I read one small section and during the day I meditate on the thoughts I find there.  Here is today's snippet.

Fear debilitates.
"When we're scared, we stand like a deer caught in the headlights:  not able to move away from the very thing that frightens us.  To escape fear, all we have to do is keep moving."

What five objects are closest to your right now? 

What do you appreciate about them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment