Nine of ten

Posted on 6:38 PM by jr cline | 0 comments

from  10 Things You Should Know About Yourself (aka: “So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!”) series.


Is everything that is in my life necessary, and adding value?


I can definitely answer no to this without a moment’s thought.   There are lots of things in my life that aren’t  necessary and/or adding value. 


I addressed this question to some extent when I answered questions  eight, four, and three.


I read a blog recently about minimizing possessions so I’ll end with a thought I gleaned from it.  The blog suggested using this rule to decide whether to keep something or not.  Do you use it and/or do you love it? Now that is a pretty straight forward test in my mind and is the one I will be using as I continue to minimize my possessions in the coming months.   If I don’t love it and I don’t use it, it can’t be adding value and it can’t be necessary.

Is everything that is in your life necessary, and adding value?


On another note, I spent most of today painting three walls in my bedroom a nice maroon color.  As usual, it will have to have another coat tomorrow.   I hope I can complete it before the new bed arrives.  hahahaha

Photographs copyright jr cline 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment