30 day challenge, day 23

Posted on 7:45 AM by jr cline | 2 comments

Day 23- your favorite book

I thought about this a lot.  My favorite book isn't a published book and will never be a published book.
  
 I've had this book since 1978, longer than my children have been alive.  It has served many purposes over the years.  Most often I've use it for a journal.
I rarely date my hand written journals because it is always now.
  
Here are a few excerpts from the pages.
  
Normal personalities are not necessarily healthy.  Our social system is indifferent to the individual as long as the individual conforms.
Some warning signals that an individual's life is sickening and dispiriting: anxiety, guilt, fatigue, boredom, pain, or frustration.
  
Joe Jew of Jesus' day looked on Sam Pharisee like Joe Christian looks at Sam Pastor.  It is important to recognize their relative  goodness.  Even though they were relatively good, they miss the truth.
  
"This is It
and I am It
and your are It
and so is that
and He is It
and She is It
and It is It
and That is That"
~ James Broughton
  
"They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches, none of them can by any means redeem their brother...And when they die they shall carry nothing away." ~ Ps.49:6, 7, 17
Are out scriptures any more valid or inspired than other spiritual writings?  Are they inspired/valid simply because we choose to believe them?  Or are they valid because they contain eternal truths that are spiritual laws of the Universe and can also be found in other spiritual writings?
What are the natures of Gnostic and stoic thought in the 1st century?
  
Is experiencing the eschatological Jesus the same as experiencing the historical Jesus?
 
That is enough of that.

Have an awesome weekend!

2 comments:

Myrna Jacobs said...

I love that there is no chronology in your journal. I like that very much.

jr said...

I'm glad you like it. Most people think my view of time is a little on the crazy side.

Post a Comment