Three Tunes

Posted on 4:19 AM by jr cline | 0 comments

The prompt is three songs from my past that are important in my life.  So here we go.

Amazing Grace  is a song from my childhood that has melded with my life.  My earliest memories include this song.  My father was a Baptist minister and church at least three times a week was the norm.  This song was often on the lips of the choir and congregation.  Eventually Amazing Grace was an important song during my hippie years (which have yet to end).
Amazing Grace has become an emblematic African American spiritual and I find it ironic that it was written by John Newton, a slave trader.  

Share the Land by The Guess Who was almost my theme song in my 20s.  I lived in a commune and believed in the dream of peace and love.  I still believe in the dream and I still love the song.

Apostrophe by Frank Zappa (I cheated, this is an album) 
Somewhere along the way I was exposed to Frank Zappa and this album made me smile and still makes me smile.  It became my family theme song(s) when my children were young and is still one of my favorites to this day. It may still my theme song(s).  It has healing properties for me.When I'm down I can play this album and feel better. 

Background:
This is my third post for Writing 101.

The prompt:
Writing 101: Commit to a Writing Practice

Today, celebrate three songs that are significant to you. F\or your twist, write for fifteen minutes without stopping — and build a writing habit.

See what else I’m doing.
Follow me on twitter: jr cline
My Instagram profile

0 comments:

Post a Comment