Five of ten

Posted on 7:55 PM by jr cline | 1 comments

The fifth question in the  10 Things You Should Know About Yourself (aka: “So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!”) series is

What do I believe beyond the shadow of a doubt?


This is very hard for me.
I’m not sure there is anything I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt.  
Everything is a perception in my mind.   
I know my mind does not perceive things without interpretation.

   
There are things I have faith in and things I think will continue to be as my mind perceives them.


I choose to believe in God.  It makes me happy.
I choose to believe my children and extended family will continue to love me. 


Regardless of what I choose, I know nothing is for sure.  
I’ve been wrong many, many, many times before.



What do you believe beyond a shadow of a doubt?

1 comments:

Myrna Jacobs said...

I believe that I have lived before and will live again (re-incarnation sort of thing). I believe I am a spirit, not a body...or even a mind.

I believe that we have control over our own lives.

I believe that man is basically good, but that he gets things crossed up and thinks what is bad is good... and that it seems so survival that he can't stop doing bad.

I believe that no matter how much we may deny it, we do know right from wrong. I also believe that we WILL try to justify the wrong we do.

I believe that there are people one has known before and there often exists a bond that is beyond words...or reason because of that.

I could go on and on. I have many beliefs but am also open to new ideas... and genuine proof that I am wrong. ;-D

Post a Comment