Got spicy so I could talk about it

Posted on 3:41 AM by jr cline | 0 comments

mitswhateyeknow posted this food adventure: Let's all get spicy and talk about it. I like playing along so I made the strawberry shortcake on Sunday.

Here is the recipe she posted.

Instructions:

1. Wash all the strawberries and cut off the stems
2. Cut half the strawberries into small pieces
3. Put the other 20 or so into a blender with 2 or 3 tbsp sugar. puree.
4. get individual serving dishes out
5. put a piece of cake on each dish (We used Hostess shortcakes)
6. get the ice cream out and ready to scoop (We had Breyer's Vanilla)
7. pour about 1/4 cup of the puree right onto each cake piece
8. then put 1 scoop of ice cream on top of puree
9. pour another 1/4 cup strawberry puree on top of ice cream
10. sprinkle the top with cut up strawberries
11. devour!

Unlike the the time we made chili and talked about it, I followed this recipe as exactly as I could. 

Jeremy was the first to have a bowl and gave it the 'thumbs up'. Christy and I had ours after dinner. It was so delicious I had some more for breakfast this morning.
Of course, I couldn't miss this opportunity to do a silly video of the adventure.


Got spicy so I could talk about it from jr cline on Vimeo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment