Warning: philosophical wandering ahead

Posted on 12:03 PM by jr cline | 1 comments

Change....wow....never ending. 

I was stuck for several years after my divorce in a cycle of loneliness and depression.  One day I decided I had to make changes.
I started small.
There are five ways to go to my job and I started trying to take a different one to and from work each day.
I began doing more things with my left hand.
On the rare occasions when I go out to eat I try to eat somewhere I've never been before and if I can't do that, I try to select something I've never ordered there before.
Sometimes I have ice cream for breakfast.
Lots of small things. 
Then one day major life changes came along. (not in order of occurrence)
Both my parents died.
My son moved to Atlanta.
Jesse was born.
Christy, Jeremy, and Jesse moved here.
All those things happened in the course of 8 months. 

WOW WOW WOW Talk about a brain zap! 

I seek change. It is going to happen anyway, I may as well go with it and direct it when I can. 
Sure it is difficult to get out of my comfortable rut.  Funny thing is, right now there is no comfortable rut.  I don't expect one too soon.  I'm changing job duties at work in August and some other major life changes in November 2011 (more on that in another blog).

Along time ago Yogi Frank told me he did everything different every day to keep his mind fresh and flexible.  I think that is good advice to some degree.
Remember, every time you look out the window things are different.  May not seem different, but if you look close enough, it is all different.

Embrace change.  It is happening to you anyway.   

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have had a lot of changes lately, glad to know you're flowing along with them all!! What job changes are going to occur? It seems to be good, to be out of a 'rut', and swim with the changes! Love to you...

Post a Comment