Positivity Week, Day 6

Posted on 6:02 AM by jr cline | 0 comments

What would you do to make the world more positive?

When I was young, I thought I could change the world.  I was active in anti-war protests, pro-planet actions, ....and a lot of other social reform types of things. 
Then I moved over to the religious side and was a Jesus Freak.   I spent some time saving the world hosting a gospel radio show and helping print and distribute a monthly Christian newspaper.  Fun times!

Didn't save the world physically or spiritually.

Slowly it came to me that all anyone could really change was themselves.  I could work on me.   I will always be a work in progress.  That is good.  Keeps things interesting.

So what would I do to make the world a better place?  I found the perfect list:  All I really need to know about how to live I learned in kindergarten. 

  • Share
  • Play fair
  • Don't hit people
  • Put things back where you found them
  • Clean up your own mess
  • Don't take things that aren't yours
  • Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody
  • Wash your hands before you eat
  • Flush
  • Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
  • Take a nap every afternoon.
  • When you go out in the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
  • Be aware of wonder. Remember the little seed in the Styrofoam cup: the roots go down and the plant goes up and nobody really knows how or why, but we are all like that.
  • Goldfish and hamsters and white mice and even the little seed in the Styrofoam cup - they all die. So do we.
  • And then remember the Dick-and-Jane books and the first word you learned - the biggest word of all - LOOK.
Shining_garnet has posted links to this weeks positivity blogs here
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment