Positivity Week Day 7

Posted on 4:33 AM by jr cline | 0 comments

  

Whose Life Did You Change In A Positive Way?
 
I honestly don't know that I have ever changed someone's life in a positive way.
Sometimes what appears positive at first becomes unpleasant.  Sometimes helping people in a bind leads to greater suffering for them later.
This last round of helping people has reminded me of a lesson I'd forgotten.  I can do things that appear helpful, only to have those actions turn around, make the people I am trying to help miserable, and also bite me in the butt.  Some people are going to be unhappy no matter what.  They are looking to outside circumstances for happiness and happiness can't be found there.   Happiness originates on the inside and radiates to the outside.

"Finding happiness is like finding yourself. You don't find happiness, you make happiness. You choose happiness." ~ David Leonhardt

I seem to have forgotten my personal guideline in this situation...a person can only work on themselves.  Any help for others is 'fall out' from that.
In the future, I intend to keep my help to small, simple things that are less likely to result in large negative consequences.

0 comments:

Post a Comment